Just Food seeks volunteers to serve on its Board of Directors!
Just Food seeks dedicated food systems volunteers to serve on our Board of Directors (terms are typically 3 years in duration, and can be renewed once to a 6-year maximum).
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, and in this call, we are looking for one to three new Board members with some combination of the following:
- Fundraising experience
- Knowledge and expertise regarding food access among low-income communities
- Advocacy experience related to food and/or agricultural policy
Just Food is led by a volunteer Board of Directors (“the Board”). We are a working Board with the mandate to determine Just Food’s mission and policies, provide strategic direction and oversight of its activities, and ensure organizational accountability, to support our staff – who manage and perform the operations of the organization. Please read the Just Food Policies and Procedures for detailed information on the role and responsibilities of Directors, and the Just Food Constitution and our Vision, Mission and Mandate for more information on Just Food and how it is governed.
All Board members must have:
- Commitment to Just Food’s goals and values;
- Ability to commit a minimum of 6 hours per month to Just Food (more for Executive Committee members); and,
- Knowledge of local context (important).
Ideally, the new Board members will also have:
- Experience in community-based non-profit organizational management;
- Food system issues knowledge/analysis (desirable);
- Background in one or another of Just Food areas of work; and,
- Experience with Just Food (e.g., as a member, volunteer, and/or in another capacity).
Interested? Please send us a paragraph (maximum 350 words) introducing yourself and your experience, and telling us why you think you could make a positive contribution as one of Just Food’s Board of Directors, along with a current CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2018. Interviews will occur shortly thereafter.
In your submission, be sure to create the subject line: Just Food Board of Directors – Expression of Interest. All interested parties will be contacted. The selected candidates would be presented as a recommended slate to Just Food members for election at the upcoming Annual General Meeting this March 7, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!