Click to see details below:
1. Upcoming Gardening Workshops
Our goal is to enable as many gardeners as possible to grow food successfully in the region. We invite all growers to join our workshops. All facilitators are experienced growers who have teaching experiences and understand growing conditions in the region.
In 2022, Just Food will be hosting both in-person and virtual workshops in an effort to have learning opportunities to be accessible and impactful.
- March 14th, 7-8:30pm: Planning for Permaculture (Virtual)
- March 28, 12-1:30pm: How to start, grow, and care for strong seedlings (In person)
- April 4th, 12-1:30pm: How to start, grow, and care for strong seedlings (Virtual)
- April 11th, 4:30-6pm: How to start, grow, and care for strong seedlings (In person)
- April 18th, 12-1:30pm: Building soil health & minimum tillage (Virtual)
- April 25th, 4-5pm: Growing with Culture (Virtual)
- May 9th, 12-1:30pm: Garden Succession Planning (Virtual)
- June 20, 5-6:30pm: Composting at a Community Gardens Scale (In person)
- Aug 19, 4:30-6:00pm: Hot and Cold Composting for all Growers (In person)
- Sept 9, 4:30-6:00pm: Vermi-Composting for all Growers (In person)
Click on the links for more information on the workshop, and to register!
2. Just Food Gardening Basics – Free Recorded Workshops
Gardening Basics brought to you by Community Gardening Network at Just Food, for home gardeners or community gardeners alike.
This series aims to cover every aspect of gardening, from starting seeds to growing in smaller and larger spaces, and is taught by experienced gardeners from the Ottawa region.
These free workshops and slides can be accessed HERE.
- Urban Organic Vegetable and Herb Gardening – Container and Small Space Gardening
- Indoor Seed Starting
- Grow Vegetables and Herbs in Your Backyard, Front yard or Community Garden plot
- Natural Pest Control for a Healthy Organic Garden
- Critter Management
- Ottawa Seed Library Presents: How to Clean your Seeds Workshop
3. Free Garden Guides for Ottawa
Available in five languages! And YES by all means share them!
CGN Garden Guide – English (pdf, 2.5 MB)
Le guide du jardinier – French (pdf, 2.2 MB)
Guía para huertos – Spanish (pdf, 2.1 MB)
دليل البستن ة – Arabic (pdf 2.4 MB)
渥太华菜园指南 – Mandarin (pdf 2.5 MB)