Just Food is hosting a SeedLing Saturday this weekend at the Just Food Farm! Seedlings and seeds will be for sale.
Includes pre-order and pick-up sales as well as on-site sale options.
WHEN: Saturday, May 23 4 time slots to choose from
10am- SOLD OUT
11am – SOLD OUT
12pm – Some spots still available
1pm – Some spots still available
WHERE: Just Food Farm, 2391 Pepin Court
RSVP: is a must!
*In order to maintain physical distancing we will only be allowing 60 people on-site at a time. More COVID-19 guidelines below.
To register, please click on the time slot you would like to attend, noting that seedlings will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. (We will email later registrants if seedlings are sold out).
Register now before the time slots fill up. (Please note – if you are only ordering online to pick-up, you don’t need to register, but you need to pick up between 10am-12 noon.)
Acceptable payment methods include online pre-payment, tap payment on-site and cash.
Online Pre-ordering Information
To pre-order seedlings online, please see the following vendors:
- Capital Greens: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis
- Order here: https://capitalgreensurbanfarm.square.site/
- Capital Greens will be doing pickup only. Please order ahead of time
- The Chi Garden: crosne seeds (or Japanese artichokes), sunchokes
- Order here: https://openfoodnetwork.ca/the-chi-garden/shop
- Flat Earth Farm: tomatoes
- Order here: https://openfoodnetwork.ca/flat-earth-farm/shop
Vendors Selling On-site
- Nanabush Food Forest: food forest plant exchange
- Get Up & Grow! On pousse!: tomatoes
- The Chi Garden
- Flat Earth Farm
- And more!
COVID19 related Health Guidelines
The COVID-19 regulations set out by Ottawa Public Health will be in effect for all customers, including physical distancing. Please see further health guidelines below:
- Tables will be spaced and limited in number to avoid overcrowding, with people asked to maintain 6 feet from each other at all times.
- One-way traffic for both cars into and off the property, as well as one-way traffic for customers around the tables.
- Separate pick-up-only area for pick-up orders, with tables spaced apart from each other.
- Limited conversation time to maintain flow – people are encouraged to get in and out efficiently.
- No touching the plants unless purchased. Only looking at what is on the table to keep distancing in mind.