Click to see details below:
1. Just Food Gardening Basics – Free Workshops
Gardening Basics brought to you by Community Gardening Network at Just Food, for home gardeners or community gardeners alike.
This series aims to cover every aspect of gardening, from starting seeds to growing in smaller and larger spaces, and is taught by experienced gardeners from the Ottawa region.
These free workshops and slides can be accessed on Just Food site HERE.
- Urban Organic Vegetable and Herb Gardening – Container and Small Space Gardening
- Indoor Seed Starting
- Grow Vegetables and Herbs in Your Backyard, Front yard or Community Garden plot
- Natural Pest Control for a Healthy Organic Garden
- Critter Management
- Ottawa Seed Library Presents: How to Clean your Seeds Workshop
2. Free Garden Guides for Ottawa
Available in five languages! And YES by all means share them!
CGN Garden Guide – English (pdf, 2.5 MB)
Le guide du jardinier – French (pdf, 2.2 MB)
Guía para huertos – Spanish (pdf, 2.1 MB)
دليل البستن ة – Arabic (pdf 2.4 MB)
渥太华菜园指南 – Mandarin (pdf 2.5 MB)
3. Canadian Organic Growers Gardening Symposium 2021
Just in time! Canadian Organic Growers (COG) local chapter and its wonderful Senior Organic Gardeners (SOG) program, will be hosting their Gardening Symposium 2021 through a series of online gardening workshops. These at-cost workshops are run on Wednesday afternoons.
- Wed, Mar 3, 2021 1:30 PM – Supporting Your Immune System: In the Garden with Elycia Kellett
- Wed, Mar 10, 2021 1:30 PM | Container Gardens- With Rob Danforth
- Wed, Mar 17, 2021 1:30 PM | Making Your Own Herbal Teas – With Kayoki Whiteduck
- Wed, Mar 24, 2021 1:30 PM | Pollinator Gardens- With Rob Danforth
- Wed, Mar 31, 2021 1:30 PM | Square Foot Gardens: Companion Plants with Chelsea Dozois
The above sessions can be registered on SOG’s event page HERE.
Down to Earth – check out the wealth of food growing and gardening notes from our partner Canadian Organic Grower at https://www.cog.ca/ottawa/down-to-earth-newsletter/.