Learn food gardening basics from instructors who are experienced.
These BASIC gardening online recorded sessions are FREE, so everyone who is interested in food gardening can get started.
These online workshops are produced by Community Gardening Network at Just Food, in partnership with community partners and garden instructors.
- Urban Organic Vegetable and Herb Gardening – Container and Small Space Gardening
- Indoor Seed Starting
- Grow Vegetables and Herbs in Your Backyard, Front yard or Community Garden plot
- Natural Pest Control for a Healthy Organic Garden
- Critter Management
- Ottawa Seed Library Presents: How to Clean your Seeds Workshop
TOPICS COMING SOON:
- Making compost and building soil outside
- Vermicompost – making compost inside and year-round
- Container food gardening
- Water-saving gardening design
Masks and proof of vaccination are required by all for entry and participation in this event – for more information see below. Seedy Saturday Ottawa is a seed sale with a focus on heritage, open-pollinated seed from local growers. It also includes supportive sustainable, local
Learn techniques for cleaning and processing common vegetable seed varieties, drying threshing, winnowing, screening, fermenting, record keeping, and storing seeds.
Urban Organic Vegetable and Herbs Grown at Home Part 2/2 – Food gardening in your backyard and front yard?
Gardening takes some time and efforts, but the rewards are many! Lots of flowers and organic food! Anyone can do it! So get a pot or plot, and enjoy gardening!
How to plan and grow a small garden on your balcony or pots/container – Urban Organic Vegetable and Herb Gardens Part 1/2
Rob Danforth, a gardener of over 45 years, shares his experience on growing food in a small and limited space, from planning, choosing a location, to tools and soil to storage and winterizing.