The Ottawa Farm School (OFS) program at Just Food teaches kids how to grow their own food and support their communities. 2021 programming includes web lessons starting in March, with on-site activities beginning in May. Check out the details below, and use this form to join our education network!
The OFS has moved their educational experience online for the 2020 season. All of the training material is accessible online for free so that every kid can learn about growing food at home.
Please see the links below:
- Booklet #1 of the Kids Gardening Project
- Booklet #2 of the Kids Gardening Project
- Follow us on social media:
- Garden Guide: available in 5 different languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin)
- For questions on growing food, kids can email their question to email@example.com or call 613-824-7771 and leave a question on the answering machine with a number to call back, and a farmer from Just Food’s Ottawa Farm School will get back to them with answers.
We will be posting a series of videos on a wide range of topics to help you grow your own food at home. Check out our videos:
- Getting Your Container Garden Started | Ottawa Farm School
- Backyard Gardening – Part 1 | Ottawa Farm School
- Checking in on Your Container Garden | Ottawa Farm School
Local food and gardening are more important now than ever; and it’s something everyone can learn!
We’re excited to all grow together this season.