The Ottawa Farm School program at the Just Food Community Farm teaches kids and youth about food and farming, how to grow their own food and how support their communities.
Classrooms, field trips, summer camps, homeschoolers are welcome to connect with us.
Ottawa Farm School can provide tours, half-day or full-day programs tied to what you are looking for. We have hosted kids from kindergarten up to youth and adults in high school and post-secondary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you are interested in.
(Pricing is customized to what the ask is, with every attempt to keep it affordable.)
Gardening for Kids & Youth
- Booklet #1 of the Kids Gardening Project
- Booklet #2 of the Kids Gardening Project
- Follow us on social media:
- Garden Guide: available in 5 different languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin)
- For questions on growing food, kids can email their question to email@example.com or call 613-824-7771 and leave a question on the answering machine with a number to call back, and a farmer from Just Food’s Ottawa Farm School will get back to them with answers.
Check out our videos:
- Getting Your Container Garden Started | Ottawa Farm School
- Backyard Gardening – Part 1 | Ottawa Farm School
- Checking in on Your Container Garden | Ottawa Farm School
Local food and gardening are more important now than ever; and it’s something everyone can learn!
We’re excited to all grow together this season.