Serious about growing food? Looking for space to grow more than the average community garden or backyard plot will allow?
Just Food is launching a new project called The Commons – with larger plots dedicated to increasing community food production.
First site: Just Food Farm – 2391 Pepin Court in Blackburn Hamlet.
Other sites opening in the Fall in the West and South of Ottawa for 2020.
- Two workshops at Just Food Farm covering crop planning, soil fertility, water conservation and use of the Just Food Farm are required for each first-time Commons member.
- Priority will be given to East-end Ottawa residents.
- Accessing 2391 Pepin Court in Blackburn Hamlet is possible by OC Transpo #94 and there is free parking on site.
- Please note: If you already have a community garden plot in Ottawa, you need to give up your existing spot, to support the common objective of creating more space for more households in Ottawa to participate in food production.
- Please wait for confirmation from Just Food that you have received a new Commons plot before leaving your current community garden. If this is a problem , please let us know which garden you are a part of.
Please email email@example.com for any of the following reasons:
- If you would like further information.
- If you would like to apply (Please include your name, address, and contact information in the email).
- If you would like a plot but can’t afford one (There will be sponsored plots available, based on success of raising funds. We will keep your name on a waiting list for these plots).