Rules change throughout each season. Please check back regularly.
Each person visiting the Just Food Community Farm is responsible for knowing and following the rules.
Guest visitors to the farm visit at your own risk, and if not following the rules will be considered trespassing and asked to leave.
Rules for visiting Just Food Community Farm
- All current COVID rules must be followed including 2 metres distance and masked when this is not possible.
- This is not a dog-park. Dogs are not automatically allowed on the property and Just Food is not responsible for problems arising from dogs on the property.
- No dogs allowed in areas marked prohibited. Note: Areas can change year to year and longstanding farmers are allowed dogs in prohibited areas, and will have ribbon on their leash.
- Any dogs must be leashed around ALL other active garden areas, noting new North end garden site. Dogs are prohibited from all garden fields.
- ALL feces must be removed off the property immediately.
- All dogs must be under instant control at all times, and must not negatively affect other people, dogs, animals, wildlife, vehicles, etc. If not, your dogs are not welcome.
- No one can drive on the farm roads (past the parking lot) unless in a vehicle registered with a farm project on site, with a vehicle permit showing in the window.
- No one can bike through the property (new rule, given 2020 level and speed of bike traffic) as too many children, dogs, people and vehicles. You can walk your bike through the farm when visiting.
- Rules posted on all signs on the farm must be followed.
- Farm gate is closed to vehicles every evening and does not open at a regular time.
- Open Hours for walkers change and in part, reflect daylight hours.
- Current hours for walkers: 6:30am-8:00pm
- Hours between May 1 – September 30: 6:30am-9:00pm
This is a functional farm, nursery and program area.
Just Food staff and Board, as the lease-holders for the property, are responsible for stewarding the land and since inception, have strived to maintain a vibrant, inclusive community space to meet multiple interests.
In order to do so, and as the lease-holders, we have the only say on who can access the farm at any point.
Here’s to a vibrant, safe space for diverse activities for all people engaged at the JFCF!