Just Food is hiring a 7-week contract position. See below for job description and position information. If interested in applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with your resume and cover letter all in one document, and the subject line specifying which position you are applying for.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis as applications are received with hiring ASAP.
Type: Full-time, 7 week contract, 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
Location: 2391 Pepin Court, Ottawa, Ontario
Note that these positions are funded by Canada Summer Jobs, and individuals must be:
- Between 18–30 at the start of employment
- Be a citizen, have permanent residency or refugee status
- Be legally entitled to work in the province.
Education Program Coordinator (Community Gardening Network – CGN)
Support Just Food’s Community Gardening Network initiative, which supports 100+ gardens city-wide in Ottawa. With the guidance of a supervisor, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate educational opportunities for and/or at gardens
- Outreach to community gardens to research current status, needs, successes, innovations, resources and create lessons learned blogs to share with other garden coordinators
- Strengthen the Ottawa Seed Library
- Conduct contact data management for all gardens, becoming familiar with Nationbuilder software.
- Coordinate outdoor events at specific gardens, including bike tour
- Assist day-to-day administration at CGN.
- New projects related to communications that arise during the position.